527 Washington St Reading, PA 19601 | (610) 374-4861
Trinity Lutheran Church, established in 1751 and Reading, Pennsylvania have grown side by side for more than 260 years. The congregation built a modest log church in 1752 at the corner of Washington and Sixth Streets, which was replaced with an elegant brick church in 1794. At 202 feet, the steeple added in 1833 was reported to be the tallest structure in Pennsylvania at the time, which a tornado, a lightening strike and structural instability necessitated to be rebuilt three times. With the addition of spotlights, it remains a city landmark both day and night. Visitors are intrigued by the old grave markers in the cemetery and the dramatic stained glass windows .